Saturday, May 26, 2007

More Things You Don't Really Need to Know

1. I was born on Palm Sunday 1964
2. I am named after my mother's paternal grandmother and her eldest sister.
3. I have lived in NY state for all but six months of my life.
4. I love NY.
5. I don't have any immediate family who live out of state.
6. I have a GED.
7. I never went to college.
8. I suppose that makes me uneducated in the eyes of some people.
9. I don't believe that.
10. I have gone to church my entire life.
11. I was baptized as an infant.
12. I was baptized as a teenager.
13. I'm not sure when I gave my life to Jesus but I know I belong to Him.
14. I have a large print Bible that used to be my Grandpa's.
15. I still need glasses to read it.
16. I am thankful for glasses.
17. I'm also thankful for eyes.
18. I have both an ambylopia and a strabismus.
19. I don't know how to spell those words, I just guessed.
20. I had surgery to correct my lazy eye when I was a preschooler.
21. When I'm tired, my eyes are still wacky.
22. In high school my nick name was Bert.
23. The boys used to call me Bertha instead of Martha and my friends shortened it.
24. I liked being called Bert.
25. No one calls me that now.
26. I don't get invited to high school reunions.
27. Probably because I didn't graduate.
28. Most likely I wouldn't go anyway.
29. I don't drink alcohol.
30. But I do like wine coolers.
31. I haven't had one of those in a very long time.
32. I drink iced tea instead.
33. I used to have a long distance relationship.
34. It started in 3rd grade.
35. It ended after I got married.
36. Letters were far and few.
37. He moved to Maryland.
38. I have terrible springtime allergies.
39. I sneeze incessantly.
40 My nose itches like crazy.
41. I take an antihistimine.
42. I used to get hives from the cold.
43. Now frozen things cause terrible pain in my hands.
44. I try to keep my hands warm.
45. My first kiss was the boy who later became my husband.
46. I never kissed more than three boys.
47. One didn't count.
48. He sold lemonade at the county fair.
49. James and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last June.
50. Our kids threw a surprise party.
51. We were surprised.
52. I used to write poetry.
53. Once in a great while I still do.
54. I have never had anything published.
55. Maybe some day I will.
56. I doubt it.
57. I probably not as nice as some people think I am.
58. Maybe I'm nicer...
59. I hate having my photo taken.
60. My face is too fat.
61. My eyes like to be shut in photos.
62. I can't keep them open with a flash.
63. I am going to be a grandma in October.
64. I am excited!
65. I almost bought a baby outfit today but I refrained.
66. Some day I will buy one.
67. My vegetable garden is still not planted.
68. Sometimes I'm afraid it isn't going to happen.
69. I'm craving a nice tomato sandwhich.
70. My mom has fed me tomato sandwiches since I was a little girl.
71. I drink coffee more often than tea.
72. I used to drink tea more often.
73. When I was a teenager I loved baking cookies.
74. I don't bake much now.
75. Baked goods are hard to resist.
76. In the fall I bake apple and pumpkin pies.
77. Next week I will bake rhubarb pie.
78. Deep inside I am a country girl.
79. I have always wanted to live on a farm.
80. We used to visit my great uncle's dairy farm.
81. Once I saw a cow giving birth.
82. I don't mind the smell of cows.
83. Pigs and chickens are a different story.
84. My favorite activities used to be bike riding and rollerskating.
85. Now it's walking.
86. I never cared for competition sports.
87. I don't have to win to be happy.
88. I enjoy James' camera.
89. I take too many pictures.
90. Mostly I put them on the blog.
91. I develop far fewer photos now that I'm blogging.
92. I have way too many photographs.
93. I don't think I'll ever get them sorted and into albums.
94. If they were, I'd have way too many albums.
95. My 3rd grade boyfriend and I used to catch garter snakes.
96. I wasn't afraid to touch them.
97. I don't want to touch tham anymore.
98. I still not afraid, I just don't want to touch them.
99. I used to have a pet mouse.
100. Now I have a dog, three cats, and some fish.
101. I need to get up and fold the laundry.
102. The dishes also need to be washed.
103. My bed is made.
104. I make my bed almost every day.
105. I get up after James.
106. He thinks I sleep too much.
107. He used to stay in bed longer than me.
108 I'm just making up for years past.
109. I don't usually sleep past eight.

18 comments:

  1. ambylopia in one of my eyes too....

    um I think wine coolers classify as alcohol.

    mmmmm you are not uneducated!
    and #57............ aren't we all like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny Mom... That was more like a story in some spots...

    And you are allowed to buy a baby outfit if you really want to. I was thinking about it the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting. Maybe I ought to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, T, they do classify as alcohol but I haven't had one in years...

    Beth, I know I can buy one if I want to but I figured maybe I should wait just a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "94. If they were, I'd have way too many albums."
    Thanks for thought #94. Now I know why my too many photographs aren't all sorted and in albums either!

    Enjoyed your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone who does this seems to get more and more ambitious. The lists are getting longer...

    Do you know the sex of the baby yet? You like wine coolers but don't drink them, so both statements are true... But I thought the same thing when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why didn't the one guy you kissed count, was it on the cheek?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope. He was what I referred to then as a "butterfly". One I knew I wouldn't ever catch. I guess I felt safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do have pressie - how can I get your address ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. where did you live the other 6 months 'Bert'?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nixter, I lived in New Mexico for six months. Send me an email at poet_tree@juno.com. I'll send an address.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a pet mouse once too (my friends snake wouldn't eat it so it became a pet)

    I don't like pigs and chicken smell either.

    Why were you baptized twice?

    I seldom make my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you married the boy that gave you your first kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristina, I was baptized as an infant because my parents went to a church that baptized infants. I think for them it was more of a dedication. After I made a public confession I was baptized again. The second time it was my decision instead of someone else's.

    Countrygirl, I think it's kind of nice too. Too bad I wasn't his first kiss (or his last!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too married the first boy I kissed. Love the list thing. Couldn't do one about myself, but love reading other people's lists.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What do you mean you weren't his last kiss?!?!? I hope you are refering to your daughters or his Mom... It sounds like the two of you were/are a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We were just fifteen and... well,... I guess he just wasn't done having fun yet. Long story, maybe I'll tell it another time. He say it was Providential that we should be together.

    ReplyDelete