* It was a slow week at work. I got to go home early twice due to low numbers. It means a slightly smaller paycheck, but I don't really mind too much. Chances are I'll make up for it in overtime eventually, or maybe I already have.
* Hannah and Sergio went out on Wednesday and I stayed home with
Idris. We took a long walk, all the way to the village and back. On the
way home we passed a young girl (with her mother) selling lemonade. It was hot and I
had a few dollars in my pocket so I stopped to buy some. Fifty cents a
cup. I gave her a dollar, let her make change, and then dropped the
change back into her bowl as a donation. Made me think of my little
grandson sitting out in the sun a week or two ago. He was selling
* On Friday, when I took the breakfast
cart into the toddler room, my friend Addison came running. When I
picked her up, she wrapped her little arms around me in a long, tight
embrace. She's not quite two and she's a pistol, but she gives the best
hugs! (That's my granddaughter there in the photo, not Addison. She's a cutie, a bit of a pistol, and I'm sure she gives pretty great hugs too, but she doesn't share them with me very often.)
* If I don't write it down, I probably won't remember it... I was thinking back on my week as I wrote this, but it was painfully obvious this evening when I forgot to show up at a dinner gathering. Actually, I'd written it down on Monday, tucked the address away in a safe place, and in the chaos and confusion of my mind, misplaced the information. Thankfully, one of the ladies called and delivered a gentle and loving reminder. I didn't make it for dinner, but I did arrive in time for dessert and prayer. I am blessed.
* I spent the morning at the pottery studio throwing and trimming. Trimmed right through the side of a pot. I guess that will happen once we get daring enough to push the limits. It's a learning experience. One of the instructors was there later, when I was throwing vessels, and gave me a few pointers. I am thankful.
1 hour ago