Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Summer Afternoon

Ahhh! It feels good to have an afternoon at home even if we do have to go out to church after supper. After helping in the 3 year-old class again, I left VBS a little early to pick up Sara and Alysa from summer school. This is their last week and then they will be with me four full days. This afternoon I finally have a few hours to sit down and relax, look at our lesson for tonight's class, and sip some cold iced tea. I really should get some housework done but that will happen in good time. "Why do today what I can put off til tomorrow?" That is not typically my motto, but there are times when I have to look at what needs to be done and choose which one is most pressing. The rest will have to wait.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Oh yeah, til tomorrow... or when the kitchen floor is so sticky I can't walk, like last night, at 10 I gave up and mopped it. Kids went to bed at 8 and I had enough energy stored up by then to do one more thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wash the floor at 10 pm you know it will stay clean for at least 8 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have liked to sip a glass of iced tea with you...but it was too hot, too far to drive and I had too many kids.

    Yeah I know....I have too many excuses!

    ReplyDelete