Saturday, August 11, 2007

Changing Seasons

This photo was taken in the spring of 2002, but it reminds me a little of the feeling in the air when the seasons start to change and so I am posting it today. This the Teal Family Band minus one. One Sunday afternoon they decided to form their own group. Joe wrote a song, Jim came up with a tune, and I don't know what the others did to contribute... Dave, who wasn't home at the time, provided a great place to sit and practice, on the hood of his 1976 Oldsmobile 98. It made a great photo opportunity for the rest of the kids. The song sounded great but I doubt any of them know what happened to either the words or the music.

Anyway, I have begun to feel a little bit of change in the air this past week. Its still warm and summer-like but there is a new feel to the air, a fresh breeze, a lowering of the clouds, a cooler temperature in the evening... There are those who may disagree, but this is my favorite time of year. It is cool enough to enjoy a midafternoon walk and warm enough to camp out at night. The cicadas are buzzing outside and soon the apple harvest will begin, the leaves will start to change color and the kids will go back to... Okay, maybe we won't talk about that just yet! We'll just enjoy the rest of summer. I think it's time to set up the tent in the backyard and make like we're really on a campout. (Call for your reservations soon, time is running out!)

PS. Bring a camera, mine's still broken.

10 comments:

  1. My favorite time too. Sometimes I miss the cicadas. The days are a little shorter, the sun is a little lower in the sky at noon. Walks in the evening are so nice. I look forward to apple harvest time. If I could I would be there with my camera, marshmallows and all. :) Have you had a tomato sandwich yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope the kids do remember the song, at least their mom got the picture to show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tomatoes have been slow coming on but we have had a few small ones. This past week we've had some great fried pepper sandwiches (peppers, cheese, bologna, tomato, lettuce, mayo,... ) Mmmm, mmmm, good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever made Fried Green Tomatoes? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried that fried pepper sandwich and it was uberyummy on the tongue and in the tummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your camera is still broken but I've been enjoying the old pictures and the memories that go with them. Can there really only be 3 weeks until the unofficial end of summer? Today was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! The kids want to come visit! Sometime this week we will be happening by. Allen's back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and memories!!
    I feel a change in the air, here, too!
    It seems like the weeds are getting lower already, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmm I am gla you like the time of the year, we seem to have no seasons here in Holland, since its raining "cats and dogs" all the time.

    In our holidays we enjoyed the warm weather, however our home is a fantasic place to be, "home sweet home"....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture! Such a feeling of emotions it hits.

    ReplyDelete