Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Hot Day for a Hike

We went for a hike through the woods from the picnic area to the campground. We had some tired and thirsty hikers but nobody complained too much. We found the water spigots at the campground and everyone had a drink. Some of the kids even soaked their hair down before we started back through the trees.
I was concerned about deerflies and mosquitoes but we didn't see any. I didn't spot any poison ivy either but we did find some dog poop. Eeeewwwww! Hannah stepped in some and so did I.
There was a cool playground but it was almost too hot to play so we headed back to the cars and went to Rachel's house for a swim in the pool. Today I am thankful for cold water!

4 comments:

  1. We fought over the shady spot on the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, even if it was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the playground looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a cool playground. I think it would be a lot of fun if I was still a kid...

    ReplyDelete