Saturday, August 04, 2007

Dragging My Feet

We've fallen quite a bit behind in keeping up around the house. Things aren't totally out of control but have been headed in that general direction. Our ride-on mower has broken several hundred times this year (steering column, blades, belts... ) and is out of commision at the moment. After a long week of not mowing the lawn, the boys are now out with the push mower and weed wacker. I'm sure our neighbors across the street are relieved.

The inside of the house looks slightly shaken up too. Its not a total disaster or anything but it is in need of some attention, maybe some general straightening, sorting, and shifting of debris. I suppose it could also use a thorough dusting and vacuuming but I think that may have to wait until Monday. I'm feeling generally achy, sore and tired today and don't think I can catch up to everything in one day.

My poor vegetable garden has also been neglected this past week. I've picked more than enough cucumbers for pickles but haven't had the opportunity to make them. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get that done!

And then there is my husband who thinks I have forgotten about him altogether... Can I ever catch up?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Martha - You just wrote how I feel. Our yard is OK but I feel so behind in every other area! In between catching up with cleaning and weeding, I am hopping on line to catch up with my blogger friends. I am even behind on that! LOL Hope you get feeling better and caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would lunch out with James help? :) Good for him and you and you may feel more like tackling the house after a fun break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we ever catch up? Truthfully, probably not really... so we just do the best we can, and make what progress we can. Some days it's more, some days it's less. But however much it is, it's always done just one little step at a time. Delight in each baby step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the trick to "catching up" is to make a circuit of what needs to be done. That way nothing is completely neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes feel that the less you have to take care of and the less you are involved in, the more caught up you'd be. Then again it's also about priorities and how you choose to spend your time. I am a total believer in the nap which can seem like you are being lazy but napping is sooo good for you! Then there are those thing you have to do and those you want to do and those you feel you should do. I have to do laundry so I will have clean clothes and I want to make cards but I should clean since we will have a guest the next few nights. The list is endless! Making lists on paper is helpful though. And a date with the mate is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are only 2 of us living here and I can't stay caught up. Then again it's summer so I'm not really trying. I hope you get the lawn mower sorted out. It's a beautiful day today. Enjoy it if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you are not behind with blogging ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up, like breaking up is hard to do!!!! But it can be done!
    And Martha, knowing you....it will happen soon, and you'll give us a good picture to prove it!!
    Love and Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that picture - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete