Thursday, August 02, 2007

Insufficient

insufficient- Not enough to meet a demand or requirement: inadequate, shy, wanting

This is how I feel sometimes. I think we all do and in many different ways. If I am able to catch up with myself "over here", then that which is "over there" is lacking. When I complete this task, that one is waiting. It seems no matter what I do get accomplished, there is always an area left neglected.

God, being the All-Sufficient One, speaks to my need of feeling insufficient. In the scripture the apostle Paul said "And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 Could it really be that I am not supposed to be able to "get everything done", "meet everyone's needs", and feel totally satisfied with myself? "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God," 2 Corinthians 3:5 Could it be that I should thank God for my insufficiency? Its scary to think that if I were sufficient in and of myself I would believe I didn't need Him, and I desperately do.

4 comments:

  1. I love you Mom. Thanks for reminding me that God makes up for our insufficiencees (sp?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...but our sufficiency is from god.." Oh how true, without God we are nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not feeling very sufficient lately. Could be the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsume post Martha, it is a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete