Saturday, August 18, 2007

No Bluffing

Priscilla has inspired me to post some of my own photos from Chimney Bluffs. (I hope she doesn't mind.) These were taken when Ben was just a little guy (1994) and before the area was designated a state park. James was working and a fellow homeschooling mom and I decided to take our kids on a field trip. Her husband came along and took the photos.
Josiah wrote about the experience "One day we went to Chimney Bluffs. There we looked for neat rocks and me and Mom found some. We ate lunch at the Sodus Lighthouse Museum." He was in kindergarten.
The day was cloudy and overcast but warm and the flies were biting like crazy! We had planned to eat our lunch at the bluffs but couldn't deal with those awful flies. They were just torturous!

I'm so glad Chris took all these great pictures that day or I may have thought that none of us had any fun. The kids appear to be enjoying themselves and its a nice memory of a day out with friends and the fun we used to have homeschooling.

10 comments:

  1. Why would she mind?
    This are great shots and I am glad you posted them, no-one would misuse pictures I believe that anyway. I like this area but the photo with the rock looks a bit scary to me, but you all came home safe...! Seemed you all had fun there...

    :) JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat photos, you were such a busy mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, baby Ben is so little! Cute photos, Martha, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have fun now homeschooling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course I don't mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...and you answered my question. I didn't think I had remembered it being a state park when I went there at about 10 years old with Alan Wessenburg. Remember him? He took me on a boat and I got seasick. You may have been with us...can't remember. I just remember being quite sick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bunch of pictures. I loved them. What fun and what memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look like a lot of fun!
    You look just like your daughter now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I particuarly love the bottom pic - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to wonder how many moms set their baby down on a wet beach... Couldn't have been my first child!

    ReplyDelete