Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Evening Walk

It's warm outside but the breeze blowing in my window feels fresh and cool, perfect weather. Monday evening James and I took a long walk back into the orchard across the street. By some stroke of luck we were completely alone, not even the dog tagged along. We walked along just talking when all of the sudden I spotted a deer. She was standing still and quiet, watching us and with her was a smaller, younger deer. They watched us watch them for several minutes before deciding to be on their way. Funny how I never have a camera along when I see them... We also saw a couple of turkeys running through the trees, nothing slow about them! It was alovely walk and we returned home satisfied that we both had gotten at least a small amount of exercise.

Last night we went over to visit Beth and Adam for super and tonight we'll be headed out to church. Maybe we'll take another walk tomorrow night...

6 comments:

  1. I love that picture. Your stories make me want to go out of the city and enjoy nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stories too. They add so much to a picture...Didn't you notice...I was tagging along behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    What a beautiful decribing of a walk, I would like to walk with you next time, we also saw a deer on the side of our car in France, so lovely and peacefull,

    Greetings from JoAnn
    (back from holidays)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our 'fruit field' looks the same!
    I love those wildflowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspired me!! I drug Carl for a walk this evening after supper, how nice to see the area at a different time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lovely walk. You get really great pictures with your camera. I love the picture of you in the bath too.

    ReplyDelete