Tuesday, October 03, 2006

51 Things You Probably Don't Care About

1. I've had all four of my wisdom teeth removed but not all at once.
2. My pinky toes lay on their sides when I stand up.
3. I have 10 nephews, 8 nieces, and two great-nephews.
4. I usually wear blue jeans.
5. My hair is long.
6. I like to color.
7. I like antique furniture.
8. I love farms with or without animals.
9. I like country music even with a twang.
10. I shower daily.
11. Three cats live at my house.
12. I enjoy walking in the orchard.
13. I don't like mud.
14. I do like clay. (Figure that out. Isn't clay mud?)
15. I like things neat, clean, and organized which my husband finds extremely funny.
16. I have never been to Europe.
17. I don't like flying.
18. I prefer honey mustard sauce over barbeque.
19. Jon taught me how to draw cats.
20. I used to have a mouse named Elton.
21. My best bicycle was a green Schwinn with a banana seat.
22. We used to ride double and triple on our bikes.
23. We ended up crashing our bikes a lot.
24. I don't like green Necco wafers. Yuck!
25. I like my husband's beard and mustache.
26. I memorized the 23rd Psalm when I was in first grade.
27. Sometimes I like to mow the lawn.
28. My hands are starting to look like Mom's.
29. I once had a friend who wanted to take me to Ocean City, MD but I didn't get to go.
30. I rode the tram to Sandia Peak in Albuquerque ,NM.
31. I like pizza, but it doesn't like me.
32. I've never been to Boston in the fall.
33. I have changed thousands of diapers! (Think about it... )
34. I went to Six Flags Over Texas in 1999.
35. I walked to school for three years.
36. I prefer a sharp pencil.
37. I like to sing but have a hard time reaching all the notes.
38. I'd like to write a children's book.
39. I wear my shoes most of the time.
40. I have glasses for reading.
41. I'm good at baby shower games and usually win a prize.
42. I don't like painting or papering walls.
43. I always lose when I play Scrabble with James.
44. I used to lead Cubbies in AWANA.
45. Sometimes I get laughing so hard I can't stop.
46. I once had a job at a grocery store.
47. I don't care much for TV.
48. On long trips I like to drive when it's dark.
49. I don't often drink soda.
50. As a child I loved playing dolls.
51. I don't tolerate the cold very well.

16 comments:

  1. I see a lot of simularites and differeces between you and mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read things about you, Mom. It's like having a best friend who knows all about you. Speaking of which, I should call Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pinky toe lie on their sides too! Dave has always thought they were kind of silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pinky toes do not lay on their sides. Maybe I was adopted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are my matches:
    4. I usually wear blue jeans.
    14. I do like clay.
    22. We used to ride double and triple on our bikes.
    25. I (used to) like my husband's beard and mustache.
    36. I prefer a sharp pencil.
    37. I like to sing but have a hard time reaching (most of) the notes.
    49. I don't often drink soda.
    50. As a child I loved playing dolls.
    51. I don't tolerate the cold very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristina, didn't you crash on your bike when you rode double and triple with your friends? I think there was somebody with a scraped up knee most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your title is priceless!

    I don't remember riding double and triple on bikes. Remember my guiding principle is that I'm a chicken.

    Denis has grown a "soul patch". I will have to persuade him to let me post a pic of it. I have seen pictures of him with a full beard, but it is very grey while his hair is not, so he doesn't do that any more.

    I have a hard time reaching the notes when I sing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember riding on the back of your green schwinn banana seat on the way down to the dairy. If you hadn't been such a lousy driver, we never would have crashed! Ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometime we'll have to plan a trip to Boston in the fall...just so we can say we've done it! After our trip to Angelica of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brett has a much better vocabulary than me but I can usually beat him in Scrabble. Hint... It's not so much getting a big word or even using a large scoring letter - but where you put the words on the board. Study those double and triple word or triple letter squares and maximize on those. Another hint.... use your 's' and any other letter that you possibly can at the end of a word or the beginning of another word and then build off of that. Then you get to count BOTH scores (though I don't think you get any of the bonus points for the old word unless your letter was on that).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I know all the tricks, but so does he and he enjoys winning ever so much more than I do. I like to play even if its just for fun. I don't have to win to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men definitely have to win to be happy. If I win when I play a game with Dave we either MUST play again, or he gets a little grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I played James once...kind of. Actually I played scrabble near him. He could look at a bunch of miscellaneous letters and come up with the most amazing words.

    Jamie is a pretty good sport about losing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say that I am more competative than Brett. Maybe it's not how you play the game so much as how competative you are! LOL.

    ReplyDelete