* The old "witch's hat" water tank is gone. The world will never be the same. (I kid, a little... ) I was reminded this week of how when giving directions to our home, Mom would very often say, "By the water tanks." They truly were a Webster landmark and beacon of home. Nothing lasts forever, I get that. I know it had to come down for safety reasons, and I am good with that. It's just a different skyline than I've ever known.
* The rains of the past week stayed on outside of the house. When my brother in law prayed on Sunday night, and asked for rain, which we desperately need, I asked specifically that God keep it out of the living room. I am blessed and relieved He heard my prayer. Now I pray He keeps it out until the end of August when we hope to put on a new roof.
* It was an exhausting week. Sometimes I sleep good and other times I don't. There are nights when my mind is quiet and settled, and nights when it spins out of control. Sometimes I am thinking about how I will ever be able to maintain this home, sometimes it spins over the pains and sorrows of my children, and other times it is the relationship between the Cabinet Maker and me.
* This morning I got to church early, and as I sometimes do, I set my bag and Bible on a couple of the seats next to me, reserving four spots for my sister and her family. It wasn't until the screen in front showed less than two minutes before the start of the service that I remembered she had gone to Pennsylvania for the weekend. I spent the second hour serving in Sunday school, attended a volunteer meeting/luncheon after that, and left feeling totally exhausted. I took a three hour nap this afternoon.
* On Sunday night I never feel ready to go back to work, but somehow when Monday morning arrives, I find myself okay. The little ones will be looking for me as much as I look for them. Grilled cheese sandwiches are on the menu. About 50 of them. I'll take preparing grilled cheese over last Friday's chicken salad. At least most of them will actually eat it. I love chicken salad, the kids don't love it so much.
...and they all just blend together...
4 hours ago