Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

We have not had a good soaking rain here for about two months, so complaining about rain today would be nothing short of criminal. We desparately need water on our crops and we got a slow steady dose of it this afternoon. Instead of being grumpy about wet weather, I am very thankful that my Uncle Chuck rents a pavillion in the park each year. We have had many wonderful family picnics there the past (can it really be?) fourteen years or so. Today was fun too, only it was mostly inside fun. The kids did ride Uncle Chuck's famous bicycles and also tried out the stilts outside in the rain, but the rest of the action, including a game of jump rope, took place inside.

5 comments:

  1. It was fun...you missed Dave and I jumping rope together. Steven and Michael really enjoyed the stilts this year. Michael also had fun riding weird bikes with Ben. I wish I didn't forget to bring my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun too... And Adam slept in the car. But only for a little bit, as it was a sleepy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! those stilts are like the kind my dad made us as kids. How cool! Sounds like a great family picnic tradition. Thanks for sharing :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if you don't mind cutting the cake, I'll take a piece! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Have a big piece, it's safe online! Anyone else care for some?

    ReplyDelete