Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Babies

With Hannah to bolster my confidence, and shield me from angry parents, I braved the wilds of the backyard and actually got a picture of these little darlin's. Aren't they pathetic? It looks like only two of the three eggs hatched, not much extra room in that nest anyway... Now that I have accomplished this photo opportunity, I can once again relax and leave the mama mockingbird to raise her young in peace. Thanks, Hannah!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case anyone would like to see my previous photos here they are. First I found three eggs, then I found two babies, (and some mad parents) and now they actually look like real birds! My husband thinks I'm too curious, but I'm having so much fun and learning too!

13 comments:

  1. You're welcome, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha,
    Just lucky you, to have the baby-birds so close, that you can photograph them....we had once little birds in our backyard, but I could not get them on a photo like you did, very very special!

    JoAnn from Holland
    ( feel free to visit my blog and comments are welcome)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're pretty ugly, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, they are cute!! All babies are cute in their own way. Look at those unique yellow mouths! Thanks Hannah for being the "wingwoman" on this mission, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute?
    "You've gotta see the babay!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are cute in a baby bird sort of way. Look at the sleepy baby eyes and the hungry baby mouths. I'm just dreading what they will do to my blueberries! I think maybe in a couple weeks they will not be so cute anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heart that expression, they are just so ugly only a mother could love them...maybe that's true..but a great shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's neat to follow their growth. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The baby birds that were in our neighbors tree were hideous. You got some great shots though. Rachel, you must watch Seinfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! If I've ever seen a mockingbird before I didn't recognize it as such. I'll have to check with my next door neighbor who loves to watch the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I missed this one... Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhhh you already have a picture of a mocking-bird, I am ready the posts the wrong way ;)

    ReplyDelete