Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hot and Hazy, Feeling Lazy

It was a good day to take the kids over to Rachel's for a swim in the pool. Sara and Alysa love it as much as my kids do and the weather was calling for a dunk in the water. First I had to take Ben and Hannah for a 10 o'clock physical here in town and after that I planned to go home, grab some lunch supplies and head over to Rachel's.
At the doctor's office my plans were rearranged just slightly by the fact that the appointments weren't until 1:45 pm. (How did I do that?... ha! Today is the 10th, must have gotten the time and date confused...) Okay, so I run home, grab some lunch and the swim gear and head out early so as not to disappoint anyone. The kids spent some time in the pool, ate some lunch, rode the zipline and we still had just enough time to get back here for the appointments. Phew!

9 comments:

  1. LOL that time mixup sounds like something I would do. Glad you were able to get lunch and pool time in and still make it to the appts on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good, oh yeh, your good!! Adaptable, go with the flow Martha!! That pool looks mighty inviting. Grand Kids played with the neighbor kids , had quite a water fight with hoses and buckets, but did I get a picture?Oh no, brain malfunction again. I'm blaming mine on the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd blame it on the heat too if I could but I made that appointment two weeks ago. (Was it hot then? Maybe... ) And, I wish I always was "go with the flow Martha". My husband could tell you how much I hate having my plans changed at the last minute. He's listened to my grumbling for far too long. Well, I didn't grumble today, just grabbed the kids and ran in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you guys today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a good day for a pool! I settled for a bike ride. HA! But it still was good and then I took a cool shower and was still sweating when I got out. :) But I LOVE IT!!!! Soooo much better than shivering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine taking a bike ride when the temperature is 95 and the humidity way up there besides. I don't think I would be able to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday we hit 104. Way to hot for much more that water fights. Learning to cook on grill or eat it raw. Salads are now a staple in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like they are having so much fun! Sounds like you did good dispite the difficultly in plans!!!

    ReplyDelete