Monday, July 02, 2007

Lavender and Bees

Last year my son, Dave, planted some lavender in small flower garden near one of our barns. It attracts all kinds of bees and yesterday afternoon I went out to capture some on the camera. It seemed an easy enough task but Oreo decided that as long as I was squatting down close to the ground, he should visit me.
Each time I went to click the shutter he would bump up against my knee again and knock the bee out of focus. I finally gave up and went on to find another subject, marigolds.

5 comments:

  1. Well, good pictures of flowers!! Bees are elusive arn't they? I tried to take a pic of a huge bumble bee on the snap dragons and I couldn't capture him either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I was able to get a bee to stay still was in a big sunflower, and I was at a distance!! I "zoomed" and got him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have bee pictures, but the cat was making it difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I out to plant lavendar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how cats want your attention when you are busy but when you want to pet them, they are to busy!

    ReplyDelete