Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Bee, See?

Without any cats around to bump against my legs, I was finally able to catch one! (Okay, two.) It's a good thing a I have a relatively moderate fear of being stung. If I sit still and stay calm, it is possible to get a pretty good shot of one.
I have a nice little milkweed patch which I am watching for monarch caterpillars. I've seen the butterflies flitting about but so far no eggs or crawly things. I'll just have to keep my eyes open, I guess. In the meantime, they are a good place to watch bees too.

5 comments:

  1. I'm terrified of bees... But mY motto is, "Anything for a picture! Well... almost anything!" And now instead of running away from bees - I run towards them... so long as I have a camera in hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always getting something interesting on you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am really jelliosa! You got the bee see first!! Im not scared of bees or snakes.. but it's the spiders like Bethany. Oh, and bears and cows and horses and.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up with a clover lawn....bees everywhere...they were a part of life. I use to mow the grass barefooted, and would usually get a bee sting before the mowing was done....had tough feet I guess....never bothered me much...now....I stay away!

    ReplyDelete