Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rain!


At the height of yesterday's heat and humidity, I began to wonder if we would ever get a good soaking rain. Well, it arrived today in the form of a wonderful, thundering downpour. I had just told Nathan that I wanted to see puddles in my driveway, not in the backyard, just the driveway. I got my wish, my prayers were answered. What a beautiful rain!
I wanted to go out and run through the back yard, letting the water drench my hair and clothes like we used to when I was a little girl, but the threat of lightening kept me on the back porch. Lucky for me one corner of the porch likes to collect a puddle of water where I could cool the bottoms of my feet and splash my toes in the water. Mmmmm... nice!

7 comments:

  1. I can still hear the rumble of the departing storm. I'm hoping the lawn turns green again. It certainly is refreshing after the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We desperately need some rain here...hopefully we will get some with the front that is currently going through.

    btw, I really like your self portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did anyone worry when we were kids about lightening when we played in a downpour? I don't remember my mom saying anything. She was probably glad we were out of her hair! :o) Now that I am a "responsable" adult I also worry about the those things , I wish I could be a care-free kid again too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Vicki.

    Apple, I'm hoping the grass turns green again too. I'm beginning to wonder how it can survive!

    Gmj, I don't recall playing in a lightening storm but I do recall being caught out in them. "Don't stand under a tree". Where were we supposed to go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain would be nice right now!!!
    Nice hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I slept through the rain. It was on Wednesday right? I went home so exhausted that I right to bed and stayed there for, well, a while.

    ReplyDelete