Thursday, July 19, 2007

Out of the Ordinary

It has been a different kind of week. With Ben and Hannah gone to camp the house has been quieter. There seems to be less to do and yet more at the same time. I have accomplished only a few of the tasks I had in mind to do while they were gone, forgetting that I would still have two little girls here with me four out of the five days. I thought maybe I would have a chance to do a little visiting but I didn't plan ahead and Monday passed me by. On Tuesday I took the girls over to swim at Rachel's house. (Thanks Rach, I needed that!) Yesterday I slept longer than I wanted to and too soon it was time to get the girls from summer school. We popped in on Shelly before heading home and interrupted her plans. (She was very gracious and didn't throw us out.) Today we stopped at the library after school and found that they were just finishing up a presentaion on birds. (We did get to hear about and see the Barn Owl named Melinda.) Late tomorrow afternoon we'll head back up to get the kids from camp, watch the closing ceremony, and return home. It will be dark when we get back and the week will be coming to a close. It's not been a bad week just different than I had anticipated. Now I'm looking forward to next week and hearing about my kids and their vacation adventure.

4 comments:

  1. Please tell me one of them took a camera? Sounds like you were at odd ends this week, not a bad thing just out of sync. I know the feeling well,if I have kiddos more than 2 days in a row my rythym is off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get everything I want done and for some reason the busier I am the more I get done and the more time I have the less I get done. Sometimes it's good to just relax a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Gmj, They didn't take a camera. I've purchased the disposable ones other years and found it just wasn't worth the cost. Maybe their friends will have photos we can copy. And yes, I am feeling out of sync.

    Countrygirl, that is true. The more I have to do, the faster I move. I have likely done this week what I normally do and then some, it just doesn't feel the same. I really would love a week to relax and not think about anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so glad you popped in and 'messed up my plans'! :) I'm gonna try and pop in on you soon and hopefully get some pix of that cute little green frog. It would be nice, however, if my camera was back first though....

    ReplyDelete