Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taking Pictures

I decided to take the camera in to the camera store and get some advice. The zoom is stuck out, which means the lens is out too, and it won't go back in. I can't take any photos because there is no picture in the view finder. I can, however, still see the pictures on the card and transfer them to and from my computer. The cost to fix it? Likely between $150-$200. The cost of a new camera very much like this one, $300. It was also suggested that I email Olympus and ask what the estimated repair cost would be but I'm thinking it may be smart to start saving for a new one rather than send this one in for repairs. Between selling blueberries and babysitting Sara and Alysa (I don't charge full price for either), I could have the money in three or four weeks providing that I don't need to buy anything else... I can always hope. (Maybe I'd better start praying too.)

These are my Black-eyed Susans. They're so pretty blooming in the summer, a little splash of sunshine in my yard.

10 comments:

  1. How frustrating. I know you won't be without a camera for long. Hey, maybe Shelley has one you can borrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I feel disabled without a camera. Great idea Rachel, Ohhh, Shelley Babe.... :0) But then again, maybe you don't feel comfortable borrowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd prefer not to borrow. If I really needed one that would be a different story but I think I can survive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought so, so you gota paper and pen? draw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't totally serious when I said that maybe Shelley had one you could borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could just post pictures of the vacationers... Im sure Gramma will send you mare pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can get a new camera soon. Surely you have more photos on your pc in 'storage'.... until then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Gudl, I have plenty of pictures in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely picture!! Jess says you can borrow her camera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a bummer Martha. I hope it's not too long till you have a new camera. You take great photos!

    ReplyDelete