Saturday, July 07, 2007

Simple Pleasures

There are days when it is easy to accept the simple pleasures of life, and days when I am so out of sorts that nothing makes me happy. The latter are those in which I need to cry out to God for His help and forgiveness. I am really blessed abundantly and beyond measure but I have a tendancy to forget all about the blessings when I start feeling selfish or sorry for myself, when I get my eyes on all I don't have instead of being thankful for all I do.

I have an awesome God who loves me more than I could ever know, and who gave His all for me. If that wasn't enough, He has given me a wonderful family and a beautiful home. He has surrounded me with plants and flowers, birds and bugs, with fresh air and sunshine, and given me more than enough to eat.

Oh that I could remember to be thankful for each and every day, to soak in all that surrounds me and realize the tremendous gift that it is! I can see... I can hear... I can feel. And I can know He loves me.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, [And] into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, [and] bless His name. Psalm 100:4

8 comments:

  1. Sweet Martha...can I just say Amen, and Amen to all your comentary on your flowers!!
    We are so blessed...He is so Good, All the time, and then some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha,
    You are so blessed, we all must be thankfull that we have enough love around us,

    Look at my blog, I had some simular feelings, Thankyou for your sharing this wonderfull flowers with text.

    Have a good weekend. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put into words exactly how I feel so often too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I do that every day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! You put it very well! I have been feeling this way recently as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said soooo much better what I was attempting to say in my last post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gina! Nice to know you're still out there.

    ReplyDelete