Monday, July 16, 2007

Make It Snappy

I decided Jazz and I should go for a walk this afternoon. We didn't go far, just a short ways into the orchard, around behind the house and back home again. I need the exercise and Jasmine enjoys going along. In one section of trees there are clusters of tiny"scambled egg" snapdragons, at least that is what they look like to me. They grow where the grass has been sprayed and is dead and brown under the trees. They add a splash of color to an otherwise all-green landscape. I'm not used to taking summer walks in the orchard because it is usually so busy with workers, but this year, with immigration being such a hot topic, it is much quieter. The apples look very small and some trees are dying. I suppose it has to do with our very hot and dry weather through the months of May and June. Hopefully we get enough, but not too much, rain the rest of the summer and some workers to harvest the crop once it is ripe.
Jasmine seems to be tiring out much faster than she used to and she falls down more often too. Having only three legs can be tough and will likely age her much faster. Maybe that's why she goes home when we go for long walks.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, poor Jazzy. How old is she now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not old, just six and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a gentle lady and I am sure you will take good care of her in her golden years. Will she ride in a wagon? :) It would be good practice for being a grammy.:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the snap dragons. I don't know that I have seen that color combination.

    I'm sorry to hear about Jazzy. She really looks like she enjoys life, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel better after a walk but sometimes feel miserable while taking it.

    Your dog may be afflicted with one of those things where they go to sleep for a second and then wake back up.

    I have always liked snap dragons. And your photograph of them is very good.

    Thanks too for all of your visits.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new street food? Scrambled eggs on a stalk!

    ReplyDelete