Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?


I like my garden. It looks lush and green. I am growing celery, tomatoes, 2 kinds of cucumbers, bell peppers and chile peppers, and butternut squash. Oh yes, and a bed of annuals too. This year I can actually walk between the rows of vegetables and stay on my feet.
I do miss the beans, beets, and corn this year. My neighbor is supplying me with zucchini and last night we had it sliced and stuffed with meat, rice and cheese. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my chile peppers to grow 8-10 inches long instead of 2 inches. If anyone has any ideas, throw them this way. My spinach bolted in the hot weather (time to plant some more pretty soon) and peas just don't grow good for me. I've munched a few raw pods but there just weren't enough to have for supper. Sweet corn... my that sounds good! Might have to drive around the corner and find some of that for supper!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your garden looks GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice garden you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful garden...I have one skinny tomato plant in a pot!!!
    Yours is so lush!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is nice looking... Almost time to go pick my beans too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks great! I didn't plant any veggies and wish I'd gotten at least a tomato plant or two.

    ReplyDelete