Saturday, July 21, 2007

Singing the Blues


It's blueberry picking time. They're a little smaller this year due to lack of rain, but sweet and yummy just the same. Jasmine thinks they're wonderful and accompanies me to the patch whenever I venture out there. She knows I'll toss her a berry or two every once in a while. She gets those which have been pecked by birds but she doesn't care or know the difference. For the next couple of weeks we'll be stuffing our faces with blueberries and hopefully picking enough to sell a few quarts out front. If you call and get our answering machine, you can bet we're out in the blueberry patch. Mmmmmm!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! However, between your blueberries and Gudl's wild blackberries, I gota a bug to go berry foraging! LOL, Watch out bears, here I come!! Do you freeze any berries for the bleak winter months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have frozen more than enough berries in years past. In fact, we likely have some down there from last year. My neighbors are starting to wonder why I don't have any berries for sale out front. I give them too good a deal to pass up, afterall I can't put them all in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, didn't know you had so many!! yummmy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our wild blueberries are much smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam ate up the blueberries you sent him on Friday. But he did share with Bob and Joanne, who stopped by Friday night to wish me a safe trip and to say good-bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell him to stop by if he wants some more!

    ReplyDelete