Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Aunt Margaret

Just about two weeks ago my parents recieved a phone call from one of my father's many cousins. In the course of the conversation they were informed that one of my dad's elderly aunts lives in a nursing facility very near to where we had today's family picnic. Aunt Margaret is a very sweet 93 year old lady (she's in the center of the photo) with a wonderful collection of her own paintings hanging in her room. (Oh yes, and a couple on the dining room wall too.)
Maybe you can see where Priscilla gets some of artistic abilities? Aunt Margaret seemed happy to have some family come to visit her, even if she was just a little bit confused as to who Priscilla and I were. Dad played a couple of songs on his banjo and harmonica and he and Mom sang too (Priscilla and I listened). Aunt Margaret held my hand. She looks and acts amazing for a woman her age and makes me miss my own grandma just a little bit. I'm hoping I get a chance to go back and visit her again someday soon.

5 comments:

  1. God Bless you for visiting an elder in a nursing facility! It is an issue that near and dear to my heart. I'll blog about my experiences sometime. Family visits are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you mom and dad look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she's 93! How neat that she is such an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet, they remind me of my little Aunt Cassie (97). How precious are our elderly...God love them all!

    Beautiful paintings....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great, that you have an old aunt like her.

    ReplyDelete