Friday, July 20, 2007

Ready for the Weekend

I've been doing slightly better than normal keeping up with my gardens this summer. Sara and Alysa have been helping me dead-head marigolds and the rain of the past couple weeks has given me a rest from everyday watering of the vegetables. The cats would help if they just knew what to do. Instead they follow me out to the garden or come meowing in the midst of my job. They're always looking for a little attention. Even marigolds don't keep Oreo out of the garden and the dive-bombing Barn Swallows don't deter the cats either. I think my animals enjoy this time of year as much as I do and just want to share the time with me.

Anyway, the kids are home from camp and the weekend is here. I wish I could say that weekends are relaxing but they usually aren't. There is always plenty to do. There are errands to run, chores to accomplish, and places to be. Tomorrow there is a graduation party in the park and on Sunday afternoon a church picnic. By Sunday night I'll be ready for Monday and a break in the activity!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, you do sound busy. From what little I've got to know you through blogging, I think you would be bored out of your mind without all the activity. Told ya so.....give it 24 hrs, it will pass. Big affectionate hug to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo, the cat in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! Blogger has been very quiet this weekend. Glad to know someone else is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two cats and they also love to "help" in the garden. They seem to have great adventures chasing leaves and hiding under plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - We'd love to share this on the Cats in Gardens blog - see the submission guidelines at - http://catsingardens.blogspot.com/2021/01/how-to-submit-your-garden-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cute picture dear friend

    ReplyDelete