Monday, July 30, 2007

Putting My Feet Up

My kids arrived home from Nova Scotia yesterday morning, very tired but safe. Six lobsters, which were promptly turned into dinner, also arrived. We cooked them up along with some fresh corn on the cob. Mmmm, good!

Today was the first day of VBS at church. Ben and Hannah are both helping and had to be there by 8:15 am. We left church at noon, ran home for a quick sandwich and then Hannah and I headed up to town so I could have my van inspected. I already knew there was an issue with the horn (it wasn't a big deal), but they also found a problem with something in the steering which was about ready to give. No money saved this week... I spent the afternoon visiting Shelly and Hannah had some time with Jessi. Aside from washing my sheets and blanket, I didn't accomplish much of anything here at home and now I'm tired. I just finished a small cup of coffee, maybe that will wake me up enough to pick a few berries in another half hour or so...

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very nice day even if you didn't get much accomplished at home. All of that work will be there tomorrow! Glad your kids made it home safe and sound. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble is, all that work may be there Wednesday! I did spend several hours out picking berries and didn't come in til it was dark (like 10 minutes ago). I picked 10 quarts and sold 4. The lady that bought them will be back for more tomorrow.

    Yes, they did have an adventure. Seeing as they don't live here, I have yet to hear all the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of them to bring home a lobster dinner!

    I have many days like you mentioned. I think visiting is important though. It sounds like you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, Lobster, corn and lots of butter! Glad you had a good visit, and if you don't get it done on Wenesday, it will be there on Thrusday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VBS is very cool though it can be exhausing! Just think someday you may meet one of the kids in Heaven and find out you're being willing to give time this summer helped them find the Lord.

    ReplyDelete