Monday, August 10, 2009

Suddenly Summer

Last night thunder rumbled and lightening flashed. Rain poured down filling the air with a thick, sticky blanket of humidity. It is suddenly summer and I am suddenly exhausted. That is what this kind of heat produces, a desire to find a hammock in the shade and take a snooze. It is 81 degrees but with a humidity level of 76% it feels more like 89. It is too hot to pick blueberries.

I made my way down to the berry patch much too late in the morning. The birds were already having lunch. They appear thrilled by the summer sun and find feasting in my berry bushes a wonderful past time. On the other hand, the patch is not quite so alluring for me this week. I did pick a bucketful before making my way back to the house, but I am neither eager nor anxious to return any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hot and humid here, too!
    I love you new banner photo. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind in blogging and reading, but we too have enjoyed the blueberries this summer. Alas, we can't collect them... we eat them too fast!!

    ReplyDelete