Saturday, August 22, 2009

Like an Old Friend

Yesterday I took Ben and Hannah to the mall. It is a rare occurrence and rarer yet that I actually spend any money while there. I wanted to look for something special in the toy store, but on my way was stopped by a pretty young woman working at a kiosk. She tried to sell me a manicure kit, which was very nice, but not on my list of priorities. On my way to avoid walking back her direction, I decided to go through Bon Ton and ran into a sale on sandals, a sale I couldn't pass up. I have been looking for these particular sandals for the past few years, so it was like running into an old friend. I knew I would forever regret it if I didn't buy them. Today my feet are cool and happy and it only cost me twenty bucks!

Today was the first day of soccer for Hannah. I woke up with a migraine, but still managed to take a shower and get out of the house on time to get to the park. Too bad I didn't look up the directions as it has been quite a long since I was last there. I had forgotten the way and so, rather than arriving early, we got there about ten minutes late. Next week I won't be getting lost, I will bring a chair to sit in, and maybe I'll even take a photo or two. Hey, maybe I'll even see Stacy instead of just her husband and four absolutely adorable children.

7 comments:

  1. Oh! and a bottle of water,and a hat to shade your eyes and face, and hard candies to suck on. I once was a soccer mom too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are really cute! I hope you head feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do look comfy Martha!

    Glad you found them.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Judi, good ideas!

    Kristina, my headache is mostly gone, now I am just tired out and going to bed soon.

    Thank you, Joy. My feet are still smiling.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did better than I did, Martha!
    I didn't even GO to soccer. My daughter (5) was so excited to be a soccer girl. I have been burning the candle at both ends and just sent Daddy and the kids to soccer and (coff-coff) I WENT BACK TO BED FOR A FEW HOURS!!!!
    I will look for you this Saturday.
    We are lime green (5 y.o.) and light yellow (7 and 9 y.o.s) if you want to look for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy, we are dark blue (14 y.o.) but I shall walk the park to find you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh is such a doll. Too cute him biting Hannah's toe...

    I posted pictures today of Issac and Matthew. Got some new pics.

    Love the shoes...look really comfy...

    Love the hymn you put on the Sunday Meditation.... I love the old songs.

    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete