Monday, August 03, 2009

Blue By You (I am grasping at straws here...)

I know that is not how to spell bayou, but then my berry bushes aren't growing in Louisiana. Right at this moment I am happy to be living in New York state where clouds are abundant and the weather has been mild and cool. It makes standing out in the berry patch for hours rather peaceful and bearable besides, or is that "berry-able"? Either way I have determined to enjoy the time of gathering.

The bushes had a rest from my grabby hands all day Saturday and most of Sunday, but last night we went out and filled a bucket, and today I have filled several more. I rewarded myself with a blueberry milkshake when I came inside. Mmmmm!

It was a busy weekend of parties and picnics with plenty of sunshine and one mighty downpour. Bethany's friend, Carissa, got married on Saturday evening. The ceremony took place outside after the "reception", when the sky grew dark and romantic. We even witnessed a huge shooting star behind the platform. The wedding was unique and very nice. Yesterday afternoon was the church picnic. I opted to leave my camera home this time and just enjoy the day. During the baptism there was a terrific rainstorm with monster raindrops. James and I were safe and dry inside our van during the rain. Everyone else looked like they had been baptized unless they were wise enough to bring an umbrella.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! and glad you didn't wear yourself out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete