Friday, August 28, 2009

Caught in the Kitchen

Fruity, that is a good word to describe me. Today I made three batches of jam, blueberry zucchini bread, and gluten-free blueberry muffins (they're for me). I bought a couple baskets of peaches a few days ago, (you know, when the fruit flies moved in?) and last night, after a bit of berry picking (Black and blue), Beth and I discovered that one of my peaches looked very much like a hairy old man. We decided something must be done to remedy this problem and set to work sorting rotten peaches from good ones, peeling, slicing, and bagging the good ones for today's adventure.

My first batch of jam was just plain peach. When I discovered a bag of blackberries in my freezer I thought I would make the next one blackberry/peach jam. Too late I discovered the "blackberries" were really elderberries. Happy for me I was feeling adventurous. I made elderberry/peach jam instead followed by a batch of blueberry peach. I am not yet out of fruit. Peaches and blueberries still remain.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I will swap ya a jar of pickles for a jar of jam. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Martha, what did you do in your spare time??

    Why did my day suddenly feel non-productive?

    It all looks yummy and I am sure it is.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That looks so good. I bet it smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi, it's a deal!

    Joy, I did not paint on my walls...

    Kristina, it does smell nice, and it tastes yummy too.

    ReplyDelete