Thursday, August 27, 2009

Off the Wall

My mind is spinning. I am dreaming of flower gardens and picket fences, trying to decide what to "plant" in my living room and where to place these "plantings". Hannah helped me pencil in the picket fence this morning and then I went to the library to look for some books on flowers.


Do I plant the flowers that are already in my outside gardens? Or do I pick different ones? I want to use several different colors and "plant" both before and behind the fence. Shall I plant a tree up the corners of the wall? And do I make it a flowering shrub or a shade tree?

Do I dare take on this project at all? Too late, there's no turning back now. Part of me is astounded that I would actually consider painting a mural in my living room and part of me is rather amused. Honestly, I am looking forward to the flower painting and am quite eager to see the completed project.

PS. One little girl next week and two the following. School starts September 8th.

4 comments:

  1. Humm shade tree in corner with branches on the ceiling so you can hand bird houses, butterfly mobiles.. the possibilities are endless. :) English cottage garden room? James must love you very much... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are braver than I am but then you are a lot younger too!

    What you paint on can always be painted over, that is what I would tell myself if I were undertaking the project!

    I think you will do fine. Remember these are not art critics they are little girls!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how excited I am about your mural. I had thought of doing that in the parsonage before we retired, but never go around to it. I love the idea of the picket fence.

    In fact, I've been noticing fences and flowers by them as I drive around and may just start taking some pictures.

    Can't wait to see your project~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it either! Good for you to step out and just do it! One thing we have allowed here is our older kids to paint things on their walls, Mali has a wall of Japanese lettering, Joseph painted a giant Totoro (a character from an adorable Japanese animae movie)....creativity is a beautiful thing...and with the looong winters we have, bringing the summer into your living room is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete