Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Objects In My Mind

Have you ever spent so much time doing one thing that when you close your eyes the shapes and colors remain and the objects still move in your mind? Last week when I closed my eyes at Ladies' Prayer I saw bunches of little circles. My first thought was "what computer game have I been playing?" and then I realized that those round objects we not balls or pegs in a game, but blueberries. How funny! I was relieved to know that this time it was not incessant game playing that left these shapes imprinted in my subconscious but hours spent picking and sorting berries.

Last night I packed berries into quart and pint boxes and this morning I hauled them off to church to give away. I have bags and bags of them waiting in my freezer and really don't need to hoard them all. This afternoon another church friend came over and helped me pick. It was nice to have some company and nice to see the bags go home with someone who loves blueberries and will enjoy them. Tomorrow I will let the patch rest and spend some time with my little grandson whose mommy and daddy are taking the jr. high church group camping for a couple of days and maybe I'll find the time to cook up something yummy too, maybe a pie...

2 comments: