Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Never Ending Blues

I was blessed this afternoon to have some friends offer to help me pick blueberries. Between Michelle and I and five children, we were able to cover the patch in a rather short amount of time. I continue to be amazed at the blueberry production this year as the last few years were progressively dismal. Record amounts of rain have led us to believe that our bushes have been slowly dying of thirst, rather than some unknown disease or infection. I must remember to purchase a drip line for next year.

The school year is also creeping up on me. I am so not ready for a new school year and have not yet turned in all of last year's paperwork. I must sit down with my pile of books and figure out what I am doing or I shall be in a heap of trouble. Please pray that I can find Hannah's books from last year so I can send in my final reports. I have no clue where the box that holds them has disappeared to. I had thought about attending a used curriculum sale tomorrow night but have my doubts about whether or not I will actually get there much less what I would be looking for. Probably something I sold or gave away within the last year. (My plans changed since then...) What I do know is that HIS soccer starts in a week and a half and Hannah is signed up to play on Saturday mornings. This means I must find her a pair of soccer cleats and locate her suddenly missing soccer ball...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you discovered why you didn't have a bountiful blueberry harvest the last couple of years. We really enjoyed the berries you gave us...yum! Thank you so much!

    I hope you find Hannah's school stuff and soccer ball soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always admired home schooling moms. Now that my daughter has home schooled our grandson for several years I admire them even more.

    She lives in IL and they have very lenient paper work requirements. Those home schooled young people even out perform the Christian Academy students, sad but true.

    Wishing you a great school year. I am sure you will never regret a minute of it.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah? Play soccer? I don't know about this... ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too admire you for home schooling. My daugher-in-law, Chelenne home schooled Kaleb and Elijah until 5th grade. They had such a good start...they were way ahead when they started in public school.

    I'm praying you find that box.... and you have a good school year.

    Love your blueberry picture... It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete