Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Love Of Calvary

The Love of Calvary

Your love is greater than the heavens You created,
Farther reaching than the universe You made,
Touches deeper than a heart could ever hunger,
Oh, the love of Calvary!
-Jim Sitter
(I wish I could share the music with you, but it is locked into a CD and I don't know how to post it here.)

A friend is on my heart today. She is too far away to hug, too far away to offer a shoulder to cry on, too far away to sit and cry with... We are so helpless on our own. Today I pray that she would feel my love and the prayers I offer up for her. I pray the peace of God would fill her heart, put her mind at ease, and give her rest. I pray she would know the love of Christ in a fresh new way and entrust her precious child into his care. It is easier said than done, I know this because when my heart was broken for my own son, I had to give him back into the care of my Lord over and over, only to find myself taking up the burden once again. "I love you, my friend..."

No comments:

Post a Comment