Sunday, August 09, 2009

A New Project

Last summer had me working on several projects. I made jam, baked pies, read books, and visited the lake. I made a Bucket List. Granted I needed help finishing both the sidewalk and the rocking chair, and the fence is not yet installed, but they were projects to work toward and gave me a sense of accomplishment.

Now I am ready for a new project and it involves a few small chairs that have been hiding out in our barn for several years. It also involves some help from my dear husband who I hope will assist me with yet another project. I need him to build a child-sized table and teach me how to use a can of spray paint. (I've already picked the colors.) I have little girls coming to play in a few short weeks and we're going to need a cute and comfy place to have our tea parties! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

4 comments:

  1. Martha,

    That is a project that will definitely be enjoyed by the girls, and they will have sweet memories of the fun they had there.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful, and take it slow with the spray painting. My finger was numb or tingly feeling for about 6 weeks after I spray painted, I must have damaged something! Maybe James should show me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd better keep us posted.. looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chairs have been dismantled, sanded, and disappeared into the barn. I don't know whether or not James found any primer...

    ReplyDelete