Sunday, April 30, 2023

Puddles

The rain is falling along with the darkness, and the weekend is coming to a close. My friend Laura was not at church this morning. I stayed for a cup of coffee afterward and spoke for a minute with my cousin Dale before going out into the rain, heading toward home, and going to Walmart instead...

The house was still and quiet when I returned home, the rain falling gently outside. April showers... It has been a weekend of invisible progress and I am processing more than I can share. I'm still a puddle, hoping for flowers in May. 

PS. I got my hair cut yesterday. (Thank you, Sandi!) I can still pull it back but it should be easier to tame and much more comfortable for summer.

9 comments:

  1. ..April showers bring May flower. Jump out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha, thank you for puting our picture on fb for my birthday. How I love you like a daughter, and that was so special to have you here in our home, and like a couple of school girls having a sleep over...and the sparkles...haha. God is so Good!
    You new haircut is fashionable!! Cutie Pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! The sparkles! They were everywhere. Ha ha! I loved our sleep overs. They were a Godsend.

      Delete
  3. Boy, do I need a hair cut and perm.. I cut my own a lot of the time but its getting to the point that I need professional "help".
    You look great and hope the weather clears up for you. 2 days ago it was 93F and today it's just 55F and I am "freezing". Such Fickle weather this time of year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April is totally fickle, and come to think of it, May can be the same. It's getting greener and greener outside so there's hope.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Martha, I love the haircut! My hair doesn't seem to grow anymore, haven't had it cut in three years, except for a little snip here and there. Yet the roots grow in gray, how is that possible? This rain: I love the coziness, but the yard is a bog, and the grandkids go bezerk running around the house...it's the kind of weather I'd like to be in a little cabin in the mountains with a stack of books and no one bothering me. :). This weekend should be nice though, out comes the sun to dry up all the rain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della, thank you, and I know exactly what you mean about the cabin in the mountains. Books, and maybe some coffee too, with a little fire in the fireplace. And when the sun comes out, and dries up all the rain we can go out to play,

      Delete