Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Slow Goin'

It's slow going with the attic bedroom. We've run into a snag with condensation that likes to build up around the insulation. I've tried to keep the job simple, but simple jobs have a way of spiraling into complicated jobs and this one is no exception. (Ask me why I hesitated so long to do this...) I will likely have to take out a loan of some kind (when I find out how much the solution will cost) and raise the rent on my tenants. (I kid on the second one, kind of... I would sell my firstborn but he's not mine anymore.)

On a positive note, my dentist appointments are all accomplished and paid in full. I don't have to go back until Halloween. There's something to smile about. Ha ha!

Work has been stressful. Lots of changes, mostly in staff but also with children. Last year all four of my girls came five days a week. I had them from October through June when two left us for the summer. This year has not been so predictable. My twins come four days and they are the only two who've come consistently since September. I lost two of those who started in September. At present three friends come two days a week, one comes three, and yet another only on Friday. It's impossible to set a completely predictable schedule but we do the best we can. (That's just my baby room. We have another with a roster just as crazy.) I'm ready for a vacation but not at all sure how to fit that in with the rest of life's craziness.

8 comments:

  1. ...there's no such thing as a simple job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry things turned out to be difficult but as Tom said..no such thing as simple. Sincerely hope that this won't break the bank...
    Sounds like a hard time at work too...take a walk on the beach again...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't much in the bank. LOL! It will work out somehow. It always does.
      Yes, a walk along the lake always helps sooth the soul.

      Delete
  3. I've been on a blog break, so haven't commented, but have from time to time read your posts. I needed some mind and body refreshing and now ready to jump back in to life and blogging. I do think and pray for you and see you on fb. Hugs dear Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate each and every one. God knows exactly what I need and when even if I don't. I'm still trusting, even when it's hard. Hugs back to you.

      Delete
  4. I just saw this. Dave seemed confused, but researched it online. He sent me this link...
    https://www.certainteed.com/insulation/fiberglass-insulation-and-vapor-barriers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James has ordered a vapor barrier for me. Tell Dave thank you. (I just saw this.)

      Delete