Saturday, April 29, 2023

A Slow Pace

We're making progress... It's a three steps forward two steps back kind of thing, but after years of trying to figure things out on my own and being ignored by everyone I asked, I finally gave in and asked The Cabinetmaker for some advice on my room. He's offering suggestions and I trust that he won't steer me wrong. I appreciate his willingness to help, although I expected nothing less.

I skipped my pottery class this past Tuesday and didn't mind staying home at all. The class was feeling a bit more intense than I could handle this past week. Lots of researching pottery styles and artists, and smashing those together with our own mug designs. I'm supposed to have 12-13 mugs drawn but I don't have the brain capacity for that after getting up at 5 am every day and dealing with squalling babies for 8 hours. Honestly, I was already emotional and I'm still a bit of a puddle. I'll go back to class again, but I'm not sure what capacity of participation in detailed drawings I can muster.

"Puddle" would describe me well these past couple of weeks. Growing and healing are painful, and I'm finding once again that uncontrollable tears are cleansing. I don't always know what sets off the deep seated sadness. There are no words to describe the ache deep in my chest, I can only tell you that it's a feeling I've grappled with ever since I can remember. I always thought it was normal, but I'm finding instead a wound that needs to be tended, if only I can reach it...

My cousins and I are still meeting on Friday nights. Man Haters Club is going strong. I've been throwing bowls and building cups by hand and will probably stick to amassing a collection of functional pieces. Mugs, cups and bowls are not only easier to sell, but they make fabulous gifts.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you are working through Life.. I am seeing a very strong woman developing and I do like her. Keep throwing mud, keep knowing when to take a Time Out and always give that beautiful smile to someone...even if it's only that person looking back at you from the mirror.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, yes? I am looking forward to strings of sunshine filled days when I can take my camera out for a walk. And my cell phone too because it takes pretty decent selfies. LOL!
      Thank you for the love and encouragement.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Hello sweet Martha. Always working to make your life better...You are such a trooper and I love you so much for it. Through it all...song by Andre Crouch...says it best for me. we all go through mud. Love you to the moon and beyond. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite Wanda. Sometimes I feel so tired inside, but on the other side of tired there are always brighter days. I've read that "Every path has its puddles," and it feels accurate.
      Thank you for loving me. I am loving you right back!
      :0)

      Delete