Saturday, March 30, 2019

Spring and Stuff

Spring never arrives without a fight. March is a continual battle of winter winds and snow against lengthening days and climbing temperatures. It's been a wet, muddy week with warm days and cold days, sunny days, and rain. Tomorrow we could get a bit of snow. Anything is possible.

The past week has been heartbreaking, hopeful, and hard. I am exhausted from staying up too late and waking up too early. I've been grateful for my work friends, especially the little ones, the ones who wrap their little arms around me daily and never look at me funny if my eyes are red and puffy. I am thankful for a God who loves me more than I can imagine, and Who knows just what I need well ahead of time. He provided me with friends who took me out to dinner this week because He knew I would need an extra bit of encouragement to get me through, and He made it possible for me to drive out to the house in Williamson for a couple of hours this afternoon before the Barefoot Lumberjack takes off on a far away trip for ten days.This evening I met up with my Minnesota family and met my newest grandson who is four months old already. I left my camera at home, on purpose, and just savored being with them.

Tonight I am better again. I feel more settled even if nothing around me does. I have a full and busy week ahead, along with a doctor appointment sandwiched in on Wednesday afternoon. Maybe one day I will sort through the boxes of stuff scattered about my room, but I don't think it will be any time too soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful to hear your posts are a little more encouraging. I pray for peace for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a crazy ride of ups and downs. The good days outweigh the bad. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete