Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Six and Eleven, and Forty-three

Two stories...

Story One- I stole a photograph. It's hard to be so far away from these two, but I heard they're coming to visit, so that's cool. I only wish I could spend enough time with them that they would love me like the little ones at work love me, but I must be grateful for the time I can have. Austin (Number Six) waited a long time to be a big brother. Over five years! They look so much alike. There's no doubt they're brothers! Parker could be his twin!

Story Two- I stole another photo, but not this one. Forty-three years ago this guy was eighteen and a friend of our brother Dan. Marty lived at our house for a time, and we came to love him like another big brother, but circumstances made it so that one day he had to leave the area quickly. We were at school and my "Twelve Year Old" diary says, "Marty left and I didn't even get to say goodbye." That was it. He was gone. We didn't hear from Marty for another forty years...

Facebook and the internet make even the most unlikely of reunions possible. Three years ago we found our old friend. He is a yacht captain in Daytona, Florida. Each year Rachel and her family go to Florida for a week. Last year she thought about Marty. This year she convinced her husband to drive an hour or two out of their way to catch up with our friend. It wasn't a long reunion, just a meeting in a fast food restaurant, but I find it wonderfully sweet. And yes, I am a little bit jealous.

Truthfully, the pictures made me smile. I am blessed to know she made a connection. So cool!

4 comments:

  1. Life has peculiar ways of coming full circle.
    I hope you have a wonderful time seeing the Grands. they are precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, it does.
      I am looking forward to the visit.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. What a special connection. So many things about fb I don't like, but making connections like this is wonderful. Those precious boys, and yes, he still looks like Tristan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay out of the FB drama but every once in a while it sucks me in. Mostly, I love the connections that would otherwise be forever lost.
      So funny how our grandsons look alike. Can't believe they're five already!
      :0)

      Delete