Friday, March 15, 2019

Bits and Pieces

It's Friday already and I haven't posted since Tuesday. This means it's time for a few Bits and Pieces...

* I decided to keep my shelf at the pottery studio and give myself some time to work out of the funk I've drifted into. The waiting list to rent is just too long and if I give up my spot it could be months before another one opens up. Besides, I have the perfect spot.

* A few of my recent pottery projects have not survived the fire. I might need to look for a better sculpting clay. Something that bends a little more easily. So that arms and legs don't fall off.

* Yesterday I had a hair appointment. I got out of work at 4:30 pm so I could get to my appointment at five, but when I got to my car I found the keys in the ignition and the battery dead. My sweet boss called her boyfriend who came to jump start my little Kia Rondo with his gigantic and beastly Hummer. I got to my appointment about 20 minutes late. My hair cutting friend was very accommodating. I love her!

* Today I learned that The Man With the Hummer came upon a fella in a ditch as he was on his way back home. This fella had been attempting a K-Turn when he backed up a little too far and got stuck. A tow truck driver who chanced to be driving by left him after finding he had no more than twenty dollars in his pocket, but The Man With the Hummer was happy to help him for nothing. My boss said it was meant to be.

* I don't have any pictures, because I have not been that annoying camera person quite as much lately, but I had a very nice dinner date this evening. He was handsome, polite, and charming. I enjoyed every minute of our time together, and whenever I am with him I can't help but think, "I must have done something right as a mom." (Thank you, Ben.)

* The weather, in typical March fashion, has been all over the place this week. Sun, wind, rain. Freezing cold, pleasantly warm. Wet, muddy. We started the week with snow, lost most of it, and will likely find ourselves a bit more over the weekend. Fickle. March is fickle.

4 comments:

  1. I haven’t been able to comment using my google account anymore. Frustrating.

    I can’t believe that the guy in the tow truck wouldn’t help someone out just for the sake of it. Wow. That makes me sad. I’m glad there are still people like the man in the hummer. The entire story remind me of the Good Samaritan story in the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google/blogger have changed some things around, thus the commenting issues. Not sure what that's all about. It gave me grief just to do this. :(

    Yeah, who knows why. Maybe the tow truck driver has to bring back a certain amount or his boss gives him grief, or maybe he was having a bad day. We've seen some pretty cantankerous tow truck drivers. I am grateful for Cory's help and so was the guy in the ditch. I heard Cory was pretty tickled himself. Helping others made his day.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for men with Hummers. I am glad your stylist gal took you even if you were a bit late.
    My son is like the guy in the Hummer- always helps people out with no expectation of anything in return.
    I hope you have a really great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend cuts hair out of a room in her home and she is the best! The guy with the Hummer didn't have to come help me, but I am ever so grateful!
      :0)

      Delete