Sunday, March 17, 2019

Goodbye to the Weekend

The weekend is coming to a close. A new week lies ahead. A piece of me is relieved to go back to work. I know what is expected, I know I am appreciated, and I know I am am loved and accepted, but another part isn't quite ready to let the weekend go. I don't suppose there is anything terribly unusual about those feelings.

I stayed home more this past weekend than I have in months, maybe even in the entire time I've lived in my attic bedroom. I was out Saturday morning for coffee with a few friends from my step study, but I came home afterward. I made a valiant attempt (again) to sort through my things, to organize, and declutter. I'm not done yet, but it was progress for the moment. I went out again in the late afternoon to gather a few grocery items, and returned home again. Today I went to church, my meeting afterward, and home. I had a headache and climbed under my covers and went to sleep until a text message on my phone woke me up. I probably needed a weekend like this.

Number Nine came upstairs to visit twice this weekend. Once Saturday morning when his daddy wasn't looking, and once this evening with his mommy. I like visitors.

The weather is back to bitter. Sergio came home while Hannah and Idris were upstairs with me and found himself locked out of the house without a key. He tried calling Hannah (a hundred times) but being upstairs, she didn't hear her phone ringing. So he called me. Poor guy was freezing out there! She went down and let him in. She's nice like that.

I called the police yesterday. Trouble with the house next door... No one is there and the back door blows open during wind storms and then stays that way for weeks. No one can see it but us.

6 comments:

  1. ...sounds like a number of day this coming week with sun, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number Nine is so adorable. And looks so much like Grandma!!! Love that picture of you too. We watched a Cinderella movie made in 2000 that I had never seen, and Cinderella had a attic room....I thought of you. She made the best of it...and so do you!! I love You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The attic is a cozy little place. Not very big, but cozy. And it makes me think of my mom and dad.

      Gotta love that Number Nine!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of your cozy little room. Glad you have a place like that.
    #9 is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day I'll have my cozy little room brightened up. With all the paneling it's hard to take good pictures up here. And it's rather unfinished since opening up the dormer. But still, it's cozy and warm, and it's mine.
      Yes, that Number Nine is a cutie!
      :0)

      Delete