Sunday, March 03, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* It was an intensely emotional week.

* It took one of my little friends into my arms the other day and turned my head to look at him just as he turned his head. Boogers. Right across my top and bottom lips. Oh, yeah! That's not cool. I'm probably fighting his cold right now. There wasn't much chance of escape. Ha ha! Ah, the perils of caring for tiny tots.

* Friday evening my sister Rachel and I went to a Paint Night fundraiser for Browncroft MOPS. It was fun to play in the paint, and it was fun also to be recognized as "Nate's Mom" by a few of the women from the church fellowship where he is worship leader.

* Saturday was errands and a visit to our brother Tim. He is in his new house and it is hard to see him strapped into a wheelchair and visibly unhappy. He was good on our ride, smiled at Rachel, and was pleasant. He a tooth grinder which drives her nits as a dental hygienist.  We passed a dentist's office along the way and he said "No" when she asked if he wanted to go to the dentist.

* Idris (Number Nine) is a cheerful, energetic, and friendly little guy, but he is not typically snuggly, at least not with me. He will sit by me on the couch, climb onto my lap, or hold my hand, but he doesn't typically hug me. Saturday morning though, he gave me the nicest hug, long and sweet. I needed it. How did he know?

* Late this afternoon I took a very long nap. It was supposed to be short, but I have been sleep deprived and so I sunk into a coma. (It felt a little like one...) When I finally came to the clock read close to 7 pm. Here's hoping my Marley Mellow Mood puts me back to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. God knew you needed a special hug and so Idris was there to give it to you.
    Praying this week will be better and the "boogers" will not harm you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a cold and a little bit of a sore throat. This gives me compassion for the little ones who can't tell us how they're feeling. No real harm done. I'll be fine in a few days.

      Yes, God knew. It was a beautiful hug too.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Boogers and Babies....Martha you are such a trooper!!
    Sometimes REST is the ony answer. Think of you often.So glad Sue is visiting you...(photowannabe) as she is the other blogger friend I've met in person, and is very special in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The booger don't scare me. They are rather yucky, but if one is to love babies, she must also tolerate runny noses, yes?

      Sue is a sweetheart. Thank you for sharing her with me. And thank you for your prayers. I love you with all my heart!
      :0)

      Delete