Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cold Wind Blowing

A cold wind wind blew all night long and right into the middle of today. It brought some snow and icy temperatures to make it feel like winter. I decided not to go out to the bank and found myself extra glad I picked up milk yesterday. It's been a good day to stay home and not fight those last minute Christmas crowds.

I looked out my upstairs window and took a few pictures; a cold, wintery barn and a gray looking Lake Ontario. The sun has peeked through the clouds a few times, but it doesn't stay long, just long enough for me to notice.

Baking was momentarily considered this morning and put off again. Instead I looked at one of my books for a bit and then and tipped over on the couch for a short nap. Perhaps I shall consider baking once again.. or maybe starting up my vacuum cleaner. Ah, too late now for the cleaner. Someone else is sacked out on the couch.


6 comments:

  1. You have a "lake view" !!
    I didn't know that!!
    A constant surprise you are.
    stay warm and have a happy Holiday,
    I wish Papa was better, we'd go to midnight services. I rally rally mis them.
    We don't have snow, lake effect or not
    we have rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have a lake view, but only from the upstairs window, :)
      I'm thinking a late night Christmas Eve service this year. Rocky's daddy is the minister at the church around the corner.

      Delete
  2. We had that strong wind and snow...the roads are still icy! Today was sunny, though, so that is coming your way! Didn't warm up though! I love your grey pictures!

    So nice to have nappers...a great excuse not to vacuum. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a rather gray day with a few spots of sunshine. A good day to stay home. And yes, nappers make a great excuse not to vacuum, and the dust bunnies are happy too. :)

      Delete
  3. Vacuum....Vacuum...I know that word. Yikes I've been so busy baking, I really haven't cleaned the house...Guess I better do that later.


    I really think I'm done with shopping and baking. Just need to pick up some pretty ribbon to complete the Christmas Baskets.

    Love your blue/grey pictures...nice view from upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I will pull something together before Christmas, but right now I don't know how it's going to happen. I have plenty of ribbon though. It's hiding in a box with my Christmas stuff.

      Delete