Saturday, December 08, 2012

Tim's Party

Today was the Christmas party at my brother's house. We filled up a whole table and I think Tim enjoyed our visit very much. He was very disappointed when it was time for us to leave. I really felt bad but we had all arrived in one car except Priscilla, and there was no way for the visitors to trickle out a few at a time. I'll have to remember that next time.

Some- times I forget just how much this day means to my brother. Since he is non- verbal (at least most of the time) it is really very hard to know what he is thinking. One has to look at his eyes and when there is food around, or something good to drink, the eyes can be hard to see.

I can't help but miss my dad when we're seated around the table with Tim. When everyone was finished eating and the conversation died down, Dad would pull out his banjo and harmonica and there would be some Christmas carols. He knew how to make even simple gatherings special.

9 comments:

  1. What a priceless Birthday Party... I love that last picture.. You are just my kind of gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a horrible picture, but I had to post it anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you went ...all of you that did..and made his time special there. How fun! When my boys are eating, they tune everything else out, too! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew exactly what he was thinking when he looks at us. I wonder what his memories are. And I wonder how he can eat so much! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree, these visits are very special and mean a lot to him. I was sad that he was so disappointed at our departure, but it just proves how much our company means to him. When I kissed him goodbye for the second time, I whispered in his ear that Mom and I would be back in a couple weeks. He (at least temporarily) seemed to calm a little bit, but I'll have to ask Kim how things went when we were gone.

    My gathering turned out to be at 4:00 instead of 5:00 like I had thought. We Were an hour late. :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose you ended up making cookies. Or is that what made you late?

      Delete
  4. I called Dave on my way home and asked him if he would make the dough, and I baked them when I got home. For some reason I was thinking the start of the event was 5:00pm, but at 4:10pm I decided to look at her message to us, and it said 4:00pm...oops! We were there at 5:00, but it turned out fine. The Yoders got there just before us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MArtha....You are such a special person...
    I am in awe of your patience...

    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, and I've been wondering where it's hiding! :)

      Delete