Monday, December 24, 2012

Oh, So Sad

I am having an im- possible time trying to brighten up a holiday that comes in a month so seemingly dark. Not only has it been a year since our own family tragedy, but one tragic event follows another this year. It has been reported that four firefighters were shot this morning responding to a fire. Two are said to have died. And this time it didn't happen on the other side of the world, country, or state. It happened in Webster. It happened near where we go to toss bread to the seagulls and geese down between Irondequoit Bay and Lake Ontario. It happened not far from Bethany's new house. When will the insanity end?

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of such a thing. Why would anyone shoot firemen? Is there a motive or is this random evil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got up, and that is the first thing that I saw on my computer newsflash. Oh that is so terrible sad...I haven't read the article yet...I saw your post, and wondered what was happening.

    What a horrible time we are living in....Come Lord Jesus....Come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. That's awful. Those poor familes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world is in pain...that's why a Savior came. Glory to God in the highest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mitzi, you are right. The earth groans and we need Him.

      Delete