Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fah Who Forayse

Four more days until Christmas and I have run out of time and ideas. Even if I knew the desire of each heart on my list, I would not have time to fulfill them. But then, Christmas is not really all about multitudes of gifts, is it? It is about One Gift, the Christ Child, wrapped up as a newborn baby and delivered over two thousand years ago.

There will be gifts here on Christmas and there will be food. Hopefully there will be a little bit of music and much laughter. Maybe there will even be snow. But there will not be the abundance of "stuff" that my heart so wants to lavish on my children.

I hear a low sound coming over the snow. It's starting out low... It is the Who's who awoke on Christmas morning to find themselves destitute, yet rich all at once. There was love in their hearts on Christmas. They didn't need the tinsel and trappings, and they didn't even hesitate to burst into song. They sang just because it was Christmas Day!

God has given me a special gift this year, a photo of my son and my beautiful granddaughter, the only one of him I took this year. Fah who forayse!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet photo!

    I'm singing with Dr. Seuss now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a precious picture, Martha. One to be treasured. Since none of my kids have my same love for baking and the kitchen...they will all receive a basket of goodies...Instead of Red Riding Hood taking goodies to grandmothers house... Grandmother will be taking the goodies. The older grandkids will get movie tickets...and the little ones a few books and toys... That the stuff Christmas is made of at my house this year. Most of all, I'm thankful for the Basket full of hay in a dark cold cave, that held the Son of God, and Savior of my Soul!!! Praise His Holy Name. "JESUS"

    ReplyDelete