Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Grinches

"The Grinch hated Christmas - the whole Christmas season. Oh, please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. Or maybe his head wasn't screwed on just right. But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his heart was two sizes small."

He's trying to spoil our Christmas, a real live Grinch. I pray that someone gives him a bigger pair of shoes or straightens his head out. Then again maybe what he really needs is a good swift kick in the pants. If only there was something I could feed him to make his heart grow again.


8 comments:

  1. Don't let the Grinch steal your Christmas...and even if he tries, do as the Whos do...

    "Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
    Was singing! Without any presents at all!
    He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming!
    IT CAME!
    Somehow or other, it came just the same!"

    Hopefully something in the Grinch's heart will change and cause it to grow "three sizes" so he will then hold his love ones as close to his heart as they hold him to theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to keep my focus right, Annie. It isn't really about the "things". I too hope his heart will grow "three sizes". If mommas could only share the love in their hearts it would happen.

      I love you, and I love your words of encouragement.

      Delete
  2. "WHO" are we talking about Martha???
    A member of your family?
    I don't mean to pry...
    Maybe I missed something...
    But I do hope "Whoever" it is...
    SMARTENS UP...
    Thinking about you..
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he smartens up too, before it's too late. (One of my boys.)

      Delete
  3. praying my dear friend. love you!

    ReplyDelete