Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking Care of Business

It always feels good to get pressing matters taken care of and out of the way, so I have been working on that. On Saturday morning I managed to find Ben's W-2 that I had put away in a "safe" place. That was a relief because, although I remembered the initial conversation, I didn't recall where I had put them. (I chalk it up to brain overload...) Today I took care of Hannah's quarter reports for home schooling, paid an over due bill left me by one of my darling children, and drove to Webster to figure out what to do about my mom's Star Tax Rebate. These are the things that wake me up in the night and prohibit a good night of rest. I'm sure something will pop up to take their place, but for now my brain is a little less overloaded.

They say a winter storm is moving in. We are to expect cold and snow... It is winter in upstate NY. Of course, the forecasters don't yet know where the snow will be dumped or exactly when it will arrive. God likes to keep us guessing in those areas. It shows he's still in control.

PS. This my friend Sally's house where the kids went sledding the other day. It looks like a little place up in the mountains but it's really situated on the edge of what is called a drumlin not too far from here.

3 comments:

  1. Hello. Found your blog from Old Geezer's blog.

    I am a SAHM and homeschooling Mom. Glad to meet you.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Amy. I was just thinking what a quiet few days it has been here on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really neat old place.

    ReplyDelete