Saturday, January 22, 2011

Frozen Solid

It is winter and it is cold, but complaining about the weather will not make it pass any faster, nor will it make my feet any warmer. I recall a winter six or seven years ago when I read Endurance- Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing. I know that spring will arrive in a few short months, but Shackleton and his men were stranded on the Antarctic icebergs for two years. They slept in tents on the ice and when summer came it probably felt about like my winter does now.

So today we ventured out to Webster again as is our Saturday tradition. We went to the bank first, and while Ben had his hair cut, Hannah and I wandered about in Hobby Lobby. To my dismay all the scrapbooks, extra pages, and paper were 50% off. I bought that kind of stuff last week... When we were finished there Hannah decided we should get a burrito at Moe's. How could I argue with that?

2 comments:

  1. I almost went in Hobby Lobby today too, but then decided I shouldn't. I briefly went in Target and Wegmans though, and then came back to my warm home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer is up and running, and I'm trying to get caught up.... visiting my friends on blog.

    Love your little "Snow Dog".... I don't think Molly would do well in the snow...she likes the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete